Update on Power Steering Assist Fault~Rachel Holbert-Jones Blackheart, Sunset SC (RavenBlackHeartLLC)

I'm out of the dealership now and am sitting in one of my favorite coffee shops because there's really little else I can do. It's just as I thought, the power steering rack assembly. My rear tire sensors are also bad. The total for all of it would be $3200, without the tire sensors and a new rack assembly would be $2700, with a remanufactured steering rack assembly it is $2400 for everything. That includes the rack, nuts, bolts, spindles, four wheel alignment. I told the service advisor I have to wait on the tire sensors. They didn't really want me driving the car but I don't have a lot of choice. I'd already made a reservation with enterprise, just in case, but was hoping I could leave in it. She kept stressing what a safety issue it is and I understand that completely. It's just that I have no other choice except to drive the car. It's my home. I couldn't tell her that. I just said I needed my car for work and I don't live in the area which is true. I live no where. I'm houseless, homeless, living in a car. It's probably looked that way but I'm sure she (service advisor) didn't see the inside. The technician did but his job is to diagnose the car and go to the next car on the list.
I understand not to drive far and not to drive much. Since it got worse over the weekend I've driven minimally, no more than I have to.

She explained the gears are basically stripped and the sensors aren't recognizing the turns albeit the steering locking up. What I didn't know and she explained, is that it can lock up while driving, usually slowing down, coming to a stop or making a turn. Obviously, I'm not going to drive sixty miles per hour but I do have to drive down the interstate to get to the rest area where we stay.

Surprisingly, they can get the re-manufactured steering rack quicker than the brand new one. They told me yesterday on the phone the new one would come quicker but it turns out the re-manufactured one will come faster. I'm scheduled to go in on friday for it to be fixed. She said the part will come in tomorrow. So, I'll go in like I did today at 7:30 AM. I could've scheduled it for Monday but I want to do it as quickly as possible. Lest I get stuck somewhere.

I was talking to someone in the dealership waiting for his car and he was saying he always has a backup vehicle. I used to do that until I lost my Ford Focus and another car my ex gave to a woman who then sold it to the man that was working on it for her and now I have no idea where the car is. The car didn't run right and I was told all kinds of different things that weren't wrong with the car or sounded to be off to me. My ex said the man that got the car cleaned out the catalytic converter which was making it run very poorly and replaced the coil pack and a couple of other things but nothing like they told me. The shops I took it to said blown head gasket/cracked head or possibly the computer. It was none of those things.

Then my Focus was totaled when I was rearended by a tractor trailor. It was the best car I ever owned.

I've been stressed because of the car and not having a place to live now and having no safety net and haven't been sleeping good. So, I'm really tired today. Of course, I woke up at 6 AM and woke up two or three times during the night. I was worried I might have to get the rental car, might have to share my companion's car and that would have been tough.

I've already looked around at maybe getting a second car but my companion doesn't think that is a good idea and if I had bought another vehicle right now I wouldn't have the money to fix the steering rack and would have had to let the car sit at a storage unit a few months before repairing it. If I get a second car, one car will have to sit a lot and that isn't good for them.

I'll probably only work a little today and leave early tonight so I can sleep. I haven't been drinking caffeine the last few days because it has been making my anxiety worse so I've been drinking gatorade instead. Only yesterday, the store didn't have lemon-lime gatorade. They were out. They seem to be out every other day.

And today, I got the bright idea to buy habanero tostitos. They looked really good and they are good but they are very hot. Two days ago, my companion got a sandwich for us and put hot guacamole on it. I ate it but it was almost too hot for me to eat. Later, she said it was a mistake.

I'll post another update once my car is done.

Until next time……..My story-page……..UPDATE: I'm moving to a marina on Lake Keowee in Oconee County, only in a smaller boat, a 1981 Yukon Delta 28 that needs a ton of work (I'm doing it)................I’m Rachel Xie Qi Holbert-Jones BlackHeart and this is my story/page: living in Iva, South Carolina (Anderson County), part time in Hartwell, Georgia on my boyfriend's boat, a 1986 Chris-Craft Catalina 381. I was at the Hartwell Marina which doesn’t allow liveaboards so I left. He purchased a 1996 Holiday Mansion 39 Barracuda, 1977 CHB Trawler 34 (I’m remodeling), 1986 Marine Trader 54 Sunliner that I’m updating, 2018 Sunseeker Manhattan 52, 2001 Nordic Tug 37 and a 1983 Fishcraft 28 (similar to the AdventureCraft 28 I lived on and still call home). I’m also camping at various places, mostly lake campgrounds.****************I still care for my aunt in West Virginia sometimes and hoping not to have to return to Memphis, Tennessee. We are scheduled to move my aunt to Dead Women Crossing, Oklahoma but first it’s to Georgia for the winter & Michigan in the summer. I’m still traveling for work and have been to my Uncle’s ranch in Alpine, Texas to oversee it and the cattle he retitled in both of our names, Texas Longhorns, Scottish Highlands, Brangus and show horses. He’s also added Bison and Beefalo to his ranch. **************************** For my work travels my uncle purchased a 1995 Ford E-150 Econoline GT Starquest Campervan. I wasn’t sure about an older van like this but the man that owned it had completely converted it with solar power and electrical, it was a good deal. It only has 112k miles. It only has a sealed portable toilet but it is okay because I prefer a public toilet and only use a camper toilet if I’m dispersed camping, at a Walmart or Cracker Barrel. I prefer rest areas and truck stops. For short trips, I drive a car or SUV. *************************** I have an avid love for photography and capturing the essence of old, abandoned houses, allegedly haunted places, classic, antique vehicles, lakes, rivers, nature, museums, art galleries, antique shops, car shows and historical places. I’m not a ghosthunter or paranormal investigator although I’ve had people request me to lead their groups, I’m a legend hunter. I love scary podcasts and spend more time on YouTube or Audible than Peacock or Tubi. I used to watch TV or movies when I stopped for the night but now I usually go right to sleep when I stop and prefer the podcasts of Darkness Prevails, What Lurks Beneath, Swamp Dweller or Red Owl. I like to listen to scary trucker stories too, occasionally grizzly/polar bear attacks, audiobooks & Dateline Podcasts. I like google scholar, casetext, medium, wordpress, livejournal, blogger, unsplash, pexels, pixabay, pinterest, instagram, facebook, X, tumblr, amazon, eBay, shadowlands (for places that are haunted), reading, greek mythology, animal shows, National Geographic, the metaphysical, food, camping, fitness, weightlifting, nutrition, health, gua sha, face rollers, beauty, fashion, tai chi, yoga, YouTube (listening to van lifers and people living in their vehicles), road tripping, computers, internet and creating videos. I also like long drives & deserted back roads. Work consists of scouting for investment properties and rehabbing/remodeling those properties for my employer. We also remodel old boats and restore classic cars. ******Visit my blogs at https://rachelholbertjonespage.com (Diverse & Wickedly Crazed Diary) that I'm changing to revolve around mostly haunted, abandoned places and occasionally focus on personal posts having to do with my homeless situationhttps://xie-qi.blogspot.com (Rachel X's Secret Diary) focused on my homeless situation; https://sassygrrl32x.blogspot.com is social media type posts in a blog format; https://medium.com/@sassygrrl32a is mostly reviews; https://sassygrrl32.livejournal.com is a social media type blog; https://rachelholbertjones10.blogspot.com has some links to YT videos and personal posts; https://rachelholbertjones.wordpress.com is my business blog, https://rachelholbertjones.weebly.com is my crazy and contentious blog and https://youtube.com/sassygrrl32 ……………..By Rachel Xie Qi Holbert-Jones BlackHeart AKA sassygrrl32 & Haunted Legendhunter & Bourbon Street Blogger **********************************************Alot of people have asked me the story of my homeless situation and I’ve removed it for now and will discuss it in my blog posts. ***********************************#rachelxieqiholbertjonespage #sassygrrl32 #Iva #Keowee #SouthCarolina #Hartwell #Georgia #andersoncounty #Michigan #livinginacar #vanlife #nomadlifestyle #carcamping #roadtripping #boondocking #carlife #livingoffgrid #vandwelling #vanliving #legendhunter #haunted #abandoned #xieqi #sassyaftersixty #deadwomencrossing #oklahoma #westvirginia #memphis #tennessee #bourbonstreetblogger #bepositive #prayer #GodBless #rebranding #westernzhoudynasty #daxie #nanyang #mandarin #xiemei #lowbow #vitallifeforce #flowingvitalenergy #unseenenergy #taichi #davisislandersllc #rizzoreipartners #crazyandcontentious #blackheart #raven #ravenblackheart #rachelxieqiholbertjonesblackheartpage #rachelxieqiholbertjonespageblackheart #rachelxieqiholbertjonesblackheart #rachelxieqiholbertjonesravenblackheart #oconeecounty #lakehartwell #lakekeowee #lakejocassee #photography #nature #wordpress #blogger #medium #livejournal #weebly #facebook #instagram #pinterest #rachelxsecretdiary #diverseandwickedlycrazeddiary #wickedlycrazed #homelessness #homeless #houseless #unhoused #ivakeowee *******NAME UPDATE: Also known as Rachel Xieqi Holbert-Jones BlackHeart or just Raven BlackHeart @RavenBlackheart & @RavenBlackbeard on outlook.....a mixture of my great grandmother's maiden name and Malachi's name, which makes for an interesting username, if not a last name......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Power Steering Assist Fault Part 2~R. Holbert-Jones Blackheart (RavenBlackHeartLLC), Sunset SC

Back on the Road & Living in My Car~Rachel Holbert Jones, Sunset SC #ravenblackheartllc