Power Steering Assist Fault Part 2~R. Holbert-Jones Blackheart (RavenBlackHeartLLC), Sunset SC

I wrote about this particular problem yesterday on my medium blog. However, it was mostly a gripe session which left me anxiety ridden and nearly in full-blown panic mode when it decided to lock up in the middle of the parking lot.

Today it acted up several times while running errands. My situation is somewhat more precarious because I live in my vehicle so it's simply a more complex situation than simply dropping the car off and going home and waiting for them to fix it and being slightly inconvenienced because I can't go to the store.

I called the dealership and they were able to get me an appointment in two days and informed me it was a safety issue like I don't already know this. I'm fully aware it can be dangerous. However, I wasn't aware that it could be even worse than I thought. I knew I could end up stranded in a parking lot or have it freeze when I'm trying to leave a parking spot. The advisor informed me that it could fail while I'm driving, most likely while I'm slowing down or coming to a stop but still a dangerous situation if it can happen while I'm on the road whether going slow or faster. But it's good to know that if it did fail, it would be more likely to fail while driving slow. Still a very dangerous situation.

There isn't much I can do now except wait and see what they say. The advisor said it was most likely the assembly. This car has fully electric power steering and at first it was only occasionally the fault code would pop up. But in the last two days it has happened almost every time I go to pull out. I didn't think they would be able to diagnose it if the fault didn't stay on but they said they could. It could also be the electric motor, a sensor or a couple of other things. Even a fuse but most likely it will be the most expensive part which is probably the steering rack. I priced it online and got varying prices from $500 to $2500 which sounds more like it for a manufacturer part. I've yet to call the dealership and price the part with them which I plan to do just for my own information.

Needless to say, today has been less than ideal day. Yesterday was not the greatest because of this and of course I'm trying to limit my driving. So we just came to our favorite coffee shop today. But it has been a bad day. As soon as I told my companion how much the steering rack is for my car things went downhill from there. I wanted to know how much it would be, (to get a rough estimate of how much this is going to cost me) and I got the answer. The steering rack is $1420 plus six hours of labor at $165-$186 an hour which comes out at roughly $3000 with taxes. Maybe I will get lucky and it will be something else and not the steering rack assembly but I'm not too hopeful.
I tell my companion and it's like, well, just keep driving it like it is and it's a safety issue plus sooner or later (probably sooner rather than later) it will lock up and that will be it. It will have to be towed or worse I get into an accident. We got into an argument and I'm angry enough to just leave and was about to do just that, and just keep driving until either the car locks up and that's it or I get into an accident and things go from bad to worse.

We argued, we fought, I was ready to leave and it's hard for me to deal with someone who doesn't listen, doesn't compromise and has extreme grandiose ideas and sometimes her ideas are extreme and grandiose. There's no way to go around this, all I can do is bluster through it. I know how much this is going to cost. Nearly $3k and that's more than I can afford. Of course it is, it's more than most people can afford but all I can do is add more to my already nearly maxed credit cards and use a little savings and hope nothing else big comes for awhile.

Instead of stomping off which is what I wanted to do, I ended up getting another gatorade and eating my chocolate turtles I got from Walmart this morning. CP bought some frozen beef patties in an effort to avoid going to Burger King and they were like eating cardboard according to her. I didn't have any. I don't know what possessed her. Trying to save money I imagine but we ate at Denny's yesterday. We are saving a lot of money on food when we buy food and cook it at our campsite.

I'm hoping I can save the money back up fairly quickly and maybe if I'm really lucky it will be something much cheaper than the steering rack. The tire pressure sensor is also bad but I can't do anything about that until later.

I've written about this more than I should have. I've written about this predicament on three different blogs so it's really on my mind.

Until next time……..My story……..UPDATE: I'm moving to a marina on Lake Keowee in Oconee County, only in a smaller boat, a 1981 Yukon Delta 28 that needs a ton of work................I’m Rachel Xie Qi Holbert-Jones Page and this is my story: living in Iva, South Carolina (Anderson County), part time in Hartwell, Georgia on my boyfriend's boat, a 1986 Chris-Craft Catalina 381. I was at the Hartwell Marina which doesn’t allow liveaboards so I left. He purchased a 1996 Holiday Mansion 39 Barracuda, 1977 CHB Trawler 34 (I’m remodeling), 1986 Marine Trader 54 Sunliner that I’m updating, 2018 Sunseeker Manhattan 52, 2001 Nordic Tug 37 and a 1983 Fishcraft 28 (similar to the AdventureCraft 28 I lived on and still call home). I’m also camping at various places, mostly lake campgrounds.****************I still care for my aunt in West Virginia sometimes and hoping not to have to return to Memphis, Tennessee. We are scheduled to move my aunt to Dead Women Crossing, Oklahoma but first it’s to Georgia for the winter & Michigan in the summer. I’m still traveling for work and have been to my Uncle’s ranch in Alpine, Texas to oversee it and the cattle he retitled in both of our names, Texas Longhorns, Scottish Highlands, Brangus and show horses. He’s also added Bison and Beefalo to his ranch. **************************** For my work travels my uncle purchased a 1995 Ford E-150 Econoline GT Starquest Campervan. I wasn’t sure about an older van like this but the man that owned it had completely converted it with solar power and electrical, it was a good deal. It only has 112k miles. It only has a sealed portable toilet but it is okay because I prefer a public toilet and only use a camper toilet if I’m dispersed camping, at a Walmart or Cracker Barrel. I prefer rest areas and truck stops. For short trips, I drive a car or SUV. *************************** I have an avid love for photography and capturing the essence of old, abandoned houses, allegedly haunted places, classic, antique vehicles, lakes, rivers, nature, museums, art galleries, antique shops, car shows and historical places. I’m not a ghosthunter or paranormal investigator although I’ve had people request me to lead their groups, I’m a legend hunter. I love scary podcasts and spend more time on YouTube or Audible than Peacock or Tubi. I used to watch TV or movies when I stopped for the night but now I usually go right to sleep when I stop and prefer the podcasts of Darkness Prevails, What Lurks Beneath, Swamp Dweller or Red Owl. I like to listen to scary trucker stories too, occasionally grizzly/polar bear attacks, audiobooks & Dateline Podcasts. I like google scholar, casetext, medium, wordpress, livejournal, blogger, unsplash, pexels, pixabay, pinterest, instagram, facebook, X, tumblr, amazon, eBay, shadowlands (for places that are haunted), reading, greek mythology, animal shows, National Geographic, the metaphysical, food, camping, fitness, weightlifting, nutrition, health, gua sha, face rollers, beauty, fashion, tai chi, yoga, YouTube (listening to van lifers and people living in their vehicles), road tripping, computers, internet and creating videos. I also like long drives & deserted back roads. Work consists of scouting for investment properties and rehabbing/remodeling those properties for my employer. We also remodel old boats and restore classic cars. ******Visit my blogs at https://rachelholbertjonespage.com (Diverse & Wickedly Crazed Diary) that I'm changing to revolve around mostly haunted, abandoned places and occasionally focus on personal posts having to do with my homeless situationhttps://xie-qi.blogspot.com (Rachel X's Secret Diary) focused on my homeless situation; https://sassygrrl32x.blogspot.com is social media type posts in a blog format; https://medium.com/@sassygrrl32a is mostly reviews; https://sassygrrl32.livejournal.com is a social media type blog; https://rachelholbertjones10.blogspot.com has some links to YT videos and personal posts; https://rachelholbertjones.wordpress.com is my business blog and https://youtube.com/sassygrrl32 ……………..By Rachel Xie Qi Holbert-Jones Page AKA sassygrrl32 & Haunted Legendhunter & Bourbon Street Blogger **********************************************Alot of people have asked me the story of my homeless situation and I’ve removed it for now and will discuss it in my blog posts. ***********************************#rachelxieqiholbertjonespage #sassygrrl32 #Iva #Keowee #SouthCarolina #Hartwell #Georgia #andersoncounty #Michigan #livinginacar #vanlife #nomadlifestyle #carcamping #roadtripping #boondocking #carlife #livingoffgrid #vandwelling #vanliving #legendhunter #haunted #abandoned #xieqi #sassyaftersixty #deadwomencrossing #oklahoma #westvirginia #memphis #tennessee #bourbonstreetblogger #bepositive #prayer #GodBless #rebranding #westernzhoudynasty #daxie #nanyang #mandarin #xiemei #lowbow #vitallifeforce #flowingvitalenergy #unseenenergy #taichi #davisislandersllc #rizzoreipartners 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update on Power Steering Assist Fault~Rachel Holbert-Jones Blackheart, Sunset SC (RavenBlackHeartLLC)

Back on the Road & Living in My Car~Rachel Holbert Jones, Sunset SC #ravenblackheartllc