Moving To Lake Keowee, South Carolina~Rachel Xie Qi Holbert-Jones Blackheart (RavenBlackHeart)

 I posted about this briefly in another post but now it's official. Malachi (my boyfriend) is allowing me to move to a marina on Lake Keowee where he has another boat docked, It's not in the greatest shape. As a matter of fact, it needs a lot of work and I guess I'm going to get the job of doing that work. It works out great for Malachi, he gets free work and I get free room and board but considering how bad the boat is, no one would rent it. As a matter of fact, I don't know if you could pay anyone to live on it as it sits right now. First, I'll need to clean it and when I do that I will stay at a motel for a few days because I'll practically have to. I'll be dirty and I'll want a bed to sleep in. After, I'm done cleaning I may not move in right away because it really is in bad shape and I would like to get some work done and make sure it's seaworthy before spending a night in it. This is not really what I intended, the boat at Lake Hartwell is much nicer but they marina staff was starting to get wise. I lied and said I'd come in real early to do some work but they kind of looked at me funny because the boat doesn't need work but I said we were updating it which they accepted but I knew they wouldn't accept that for much longer. So, I'm now at that point of, "beggars can't be choosers." I need a place to live so it's in this crappy rundown boat that I have to work on to stay free or continue to live in my car. I'll see how things turn out. I may decide it's not worth it and just go back to living in my car. I can't even consider moving on to the boat until April because the marina doesn't have water or amenities until then due to freezing issues and I'm not moving on to it until some work is done. I'm hoping May, then in June it will get extremely hot and humid and I may just want to go north to get out of the heat and that will partly depend on my partner, if the heat is tolerable. I'll see when the time comes.

Beyond that, I don't know why Malachi bought this old, crappy boat. He bought a couple of other old boats but they were in good shape. Unlike this one. He likes to restore them but doesn't have much time to devote to it. Even my Uncle who likes to remodel boats said he wouldn't have touched this one. Yukon Delta's are hard to find so maybe that was the reason.

Until next time……..My story……..UPDATE: I'm moving to a marina on Lake Keowee, only in a smaller boat, a 1981 Yukon Delta 28 that needs a ton of work................I’m Rachel Xie Qi Holbert-Jones Page and this is my story: living in Iva, South Carolina (Anderson County), part time in Hartwell, Georgia on my boyfriend's boat, a 1986 Chris-Craft Catalina 381. I was at the Hartwell Marina which doesn’t allow liveaboards so I left. He purchased a 1996 Holiday Mansion 39 Barracuda, 1977 CHB Trawler 34 (I’m remodeling), 1986 Marine Trader 54 Sunliner that I’m updating, 2018 Sunseeker Manhattan 52, 2001 Nordic Tug 37 and a 1983 Fishcraft 28 (similar to the AdventureCraft 28 I lived on and still call home). I’m also camping at various places, mostly lake campgrounds. ****************I still care for my aunt in West Virginia sometimes and hoping not to have to return to Memphis, Tennessee. We are scheduled to move my aunt to Dead Women Crossing, Oklahoma but first it’s to Georgia for the winter & Michigan in the summer. I’m still traveling for work and have been to my Uncle’s ranch in Alpine, Texas to oversee it and the cattle he retitled in both of our names, Texas Longhorns, Scottish Highlands, Brangus and show horses. He’s also added Bison and Beefalo to his ranch. **************************************************************** For my work travels my uncle purchased a 1995 Ford E-150 Econoline GT Starquest Campervan. I wasn’t sure about an older van like this but the man that owned it had completely converted it with solar power and electrical, it was a good deal. It only has 112k miles. It only has a sealed portable toilet but it is okay because I prefer a public toilet and only use a camper toilet if I’m dispersed camping, at a Walmart or Cracker Barrel. I prefer rest areas and truck stops. For short trips, I drive a car or SUV. ***************************************************************** I have an avid love for photography and capturing the essence of old, abandoned houses, allegedly haunted places, classic, antique vehicles, lakes, rivers, nature, museums, art galleries, antique shops, car shows and historical places. I’m not a ghosthunter or paranormal investigator although I’ve had people request me to lead their groups, I’m a legend hunter. I love scary podcasts and spend more time on YouTube or Audible than Peacock or Tubi. I used to watch TV or movies when I stopped for the night but now I usually go right to sleep when I stop and prefer the podcasts of Darkness Prevails, What Lurks Beneath, Swamp Dweller or Red Owl. I like to listen to scary trucker stories too, occasionally grizzly/polar bear attacks, audiobooks & Dateline Podcasts. I like google scholar, casetext, medium, wordpress, livejournal, blogger, unsplash, pexels, pixabay, pinterest, instagram, facebook, X, tumblr, amazon, eBay, shadowlands (for places that are haunted), reading, greek mythology, animal shows, National Geographic, the metaphysical, food, camping, fitness, weightlifting, nutrition, health, gua sha, face rollers, beauty, fashion, tai chi, yoga, YouTube (listening to van lifers and people living in their vehicles), road tripping, computers, internet and creating videos. I also like long drives & deserted back roads. Work consists of scouting for investment properties and rehabbing/remodeling those properties for my employer. We also remodel old boats and restore classic cars. *****************************************************************Visit my blogs at https://rachelholbertjonespage.comhttps://sassygrrl32x.blogspot.com and https://youtube.com/sassygrrl32 ……………………..By Rachel Xie Qi Holbert-Jones Page AKA sassygrrl32 & Haunted Legendhunter & Bourbon Street Blogger **********************************************************Alot of people have asked me the story of my homeless situation and I’ve removed it for now and will discuss it in my blog posts. *****************************************************************#rachelxieqiholbertjonespage #sassygrrl32 #Iva #Keowee #SouthCarolina #Hartwell #Georgia #andersoncounty #Michigan #livinginacar #vanlife #nomadlifestyle #carcamping #roadtripping #boondocking #carlife #livingoffgrid #vandwelling #vanliving #legendhunter #haunted #abandoned #xieqi #sassyaftersixty #deadwomencrossing #oklahoma #westvirginia #memphis #tennessee #bourbonstreetblogger #bepositive #prayer #GodBless #rebranding #westernzhoudynasty #daxie #nanyang #mandarin #xiemei #lowbow #vitallifeforce #flowingvitalenergy #unseenenergy #taichi #davisislandersllc #rizzoreipartners

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Power Steering Assist Fault Part 2~R. Holbert-Jones Blackheart (RavenBlackHeartLLC), Sunset SC

Update on Power Steering Assist Fault~Rachel Holbert-Jones Blackheart, Sunset SC (RavenBlackHeartLLC)

Back on the Road & Living in My Car~Rachel Holbert Jones, Sunset SC #ravenblackheartllc